セシルのもくろみ (Seshiru no Mokuromi/Cecile's Plot) - Fuji TV/2017
- Nao's paired with a junior editor named Eri who thinks Nao sucks at modeling (because she does), but who coaches her so that they both can eventually earn long-term positions with the magazine.
- Nao is befriended by the magazine's long-reigning top cover model Yukako, who also helps refine her modeling technique. Nao finally starts taking modeling seriously.
- Some drama happens, Yukako quits modeling. Nao is in the running to become one of the featured models who gets to replace her.
- More drama happens, both Nao and Eri almost quit their respective careers, and the magazine staff is reorganized. Eventually both women find their footing in the industry.
カンナさーん! (Kanna-san!/Ms. Kanna!) - TBS/2017
- Kanna and Ryo both date other people for a bit, but as those relationships fizzle out they focus on co-parenting their young son as best they can.
- Kanna's trifling mother-in-law is trifling the whole time.
- The design house that Kanna works for gets bought out and Kanna loses her job.
- Kanna works in construction to make ends meet, Ryo stops being a dummy, and a choir sings "Joyful Joyful" from Sister Act 2 as they get re-married. Kanna still draws designs but her future in fashion is uncertain.
僕のいた時間 (Boku no Ita Jikan/The Time I Was There/Hours of My Life) - Fuji TV/2014
- Takuto and Megumi go to the same university but only meet for the first time during a group job interview. At first bonding over their mutual failure at being able to secure a full-time job, they become a couple.
- Takuto gets hired at a furniture company, while Megumi trains as a nurse for the elderly and disabled.
- Takuto learns that he has ALS, a rarity but not impossibility for his age. He breaks up with Megumi, encouraging his senpai Takumi to date her instead, and erases himself from her life so as to avoid telling her about the diagnosis.
- Two years later Takuto still works and lives a decent life thanks to the support of his mom, brother, best friend, and caretakers. He and Megumi cross paths again by chance at a wheelchair soccer practice.
- Megumi leaves Takumi to be with Takuto again. They stay together as he loses the ability to move, write, and speak.
'Seshiru no Mokuromi' was fun to watch, 'Kanna-san!' was cute I guess, but neither of them hold a candle to 'Boku no Ita Jikan'. That's my winner this time around.