- Need to build trust in yourself, to know that what you believe in won't be taken from you so easily.
- All you need to know is "I want to sing." Own it. You're not an imposter or faking it. It belongs to you. Put it out there, and the universe will open up for you.
- PLANT THE SEED! (And don't make excuses.)
- If you could internalize "I'm smart, I'm a good student," why can't you internalize "I love to sing, I'm a good singer"?
- One day, you'll get to a place where you're not afraid of your father's anger.
- Great artists take pain and turn it into something that's manageable.
- Maybe you're not as fragile as you think you are.
- You deserve more than one tissue; that's what therapy's about.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Sessions with Sue 3
Today we mostly talked about my habit of denying myself and suppressing my musical passions in favor of safer, more quantifiable options. I'm fearful and I'm too serious, and that part of me often dominates over what can be healthy for me. Here are a few notes that I took from our conversation: