- Came to Lansing for an interview; finished just in time to get here before they switched to their lunch menu
- Smoked Salmon Benedict + side of potatoes; the benedict was slappin'!
- Blues music
- Had planned on waiting here until my friends were ready to get together as we'd discussed
- Finished and paid and was going to stay, but the waitress told me I'd probably be asked to leave due to lunch rush
- Had to find somewhere else to wait out the afternoon...
Chapelure - East Lansing (6 August)
- chapelure (French feminine noun) = "breadcrumbs"
- European and Asian pastries; flavors: mostly sweet, some bitter, very little savory
- Iced green tea (bitter) + Asian sweet potato parfait (sweet)
- Jazz, technopop, indie, a sprinkle of chanson, a smidgen of blues, a pinch of funk, and a dash of top 40
- Decor makes you feel like you're in someone's house; standard cafe where everyone's in their own world
- Spent the afternoon sippin' tea, people-watching and watching J-drama
Sansu - East Lansing (6 August)
- Over 4 hours gone by and still no word from my friends, figured I'd head a few doors down and eat dinner while waiting
- Ginger salad + miso soup + shrimp and veggie tempura + Green River Roll
- Paid and left, but still no word; finally decided to just head home
- Waited all day for nothing, but discovered some excellent food around campus in the meantime
Note to self: this whole getting out thing is great and all, but I need to switch things up. Almost all of my outings so far have revolved around food, which isn't such a bad thing but... more importantly, I'm still spending the bulk of my time alone. Spending time with my friends today didn't go as planned, but I'd still like to find a way to get other people involved.