- Quiet colorful place with natural lighting; at a busy corner of an area that tries to promote itself as a "downtown"
- Putting a dent in 60+ pages of reading I have to do for a class
- Random fact: I had some of my senior pictures shot here, back when it was a gelato shop and cafe selling natural/organic/vegetarian and vegan-friendly goods
- Name of the day: "Rachel". Darn. No free ice cream for me.
- Website said they had soup and sandwiches but that didn't appear to be true; didn't feel like asking about it so I just opted for something sweet
- Popcorn cupcake (w/ caramel drizzle and caramel butter cream frosting) + TAZO "Zen" tea
- Cake was a little dry but its icing and sweet-and-salty flavor combination were on point!
- Only two people working
- Customers came in and out or sat to enjoy their treats briefly; I was the only one who'd camped out
- Typical (yet no less pleasant) indie music that's to be expected in a cafe
- Customers have to ask for the key to get into the restroom; at first I thought it was cute (anyone remember having to get restroom passes from the teacher in elementary school?)
- But then it just felt silly; when that gotta-tinkle feeling came around the third time I just took myself home
- Best. Barbershop. Sign. Ever.
Friday, August 29, 2014
Sweets! - Auburn Hills (29 August)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment